Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's International Babywearing Week!

This week is International Babywearing Week! I don't generally plan to write a lot of stuff here that's not related to knitting, but babywearing is something very near and dear to me. I have three children, and have worn them all; my 4-year-old still occasionally asks to "go on your back" and my 17-month-old has been worn at least part of every day of his life by his daddy or me. Babywearing is one of the absolutely best parenting decisions we ever made, in so many ways. If you're interested in learning more about babywearing, the link above is a great place to start. The forums at TheBabyWearer were my online "home" for several years, as well.

In honor of IBW, here are some of my favorite babywearing pictures of my family:










As this year's theme says..."Close Enough to Kiss":



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww...you just made me all teary.